As you may already know, dementia can be a challenging condition to live with, whether you are the person with the condition or if you care for someone who has it.
Familiarity and regular routines are key to reducing distress, so receiving consistent support from specially-trained Vitality Care Givers in the familiar environment of your home is ideal wherever possible.
Vitality Care Givers are passionate about:
- helping you maintain your independence and lifestyle.
- providing much needed support to family carers
We believe in considering the patient as a whole being, with specific needs and feelings, and not just focusing on the condition.
We provide tailored, domiciliary care and support to meet your specific needs and preferences.
We take dementia care very seriously and that is why our Vitality Care Manager is a Dementia Champion and we maintain strong links with local Alzheimers’ support services.
With regard to memory loss, there is so much one can do to halt, and even reverse, such memory loss by focusing on nutrition and exercise – both mentally and physically. We will advise on improving your lifestyle to sustain your memory by:
- keeping the brain active through crosswords and brain-training games wherever possible.
- advising on physical exercise tailored specifically for you.
- advising you in making the best nutritional choices to benefit your brain.
We will provide an education service for friends and family so that loved ones gain a better understanding of an Alzheimer’s and dementia diagnosis so that we can work together to provide support in a more proactive manner.